Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Juvenile Honey Buzzard

At the point just before 7:00am. By 9:00am I'd had a few hundred Swallows and Sand Martins moving south-east along with 113 Yellow Wagtails, 2 Tree Pipits, a Grey Wagtail, Green Sandpiper and Whimbrel. Along the beach were 28 Wheatears and a Whinchat. The highlight was a juvenile Honey Buzzard which Jacob picked up coming in from the north. It landed in the Trapping Area and eventually took off and headed south down the coast. Even though I was relatively close to the HB as it took off from the Trapping Area  and started to gain height, the heat haze and hand holding a 1,100mm lens meant that almost all of my photos were horrendously out of focus. Or, which is more likely I was very wobbly and had the camera on the wrong settings!




Juvenile Honey Buzzard

No comments:

Post a Comment