Tuesday 24 September 2024

 NW 10mph  to 16mph, then W 9mph to 20mph by late evening. Overcast and damp, some light showers. 15C with a high of 18C.

A early morning fall of Chiffchaffs started to occur at the Point and across the peninsula with flocks of birds appearing in gardens. During my visit to various parts of the RSPB reserve I recorded over 100 Chiffchaffs and six Blackcaps. When I was at Hanson there wasn't that much change on ARC although House Martins started to build upto 150 before I left with another 200 on Burrowes. At ARC I had five Snipe in the willow stumps but still no sign of a Garganey.

On Burrowes there was five Golden Plover, three Greenshank and five Common Sandpipers. A trip to Hythe to conduct a survey ended up being a waste of time as the MOD were firing on the ranges but according to the GOV.UK website, today is a non-firing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment